I'm 23 years old and terrified to tell my mother I'm pregnant! I don't even think she'll react badly, I'm just scared! ha! any advice?

mamalinlin

Asked by mamalinlin at 3:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're a grown woman.. Whats the worse that could happen? I got scared once thinking I was pregnant, lol.. and cried because i didn't want to tell my mom.. But even if she is upset at first.. she'll be happy in just a short bit..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 3:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was 22 when I had my first. Yeah I didn't want ot tell my mom either. I was a coward and sent her a mother's day card that I wrote next year I'll be celebrating too. She than called me up and said you can't keep goldfish alive. How you going to raise a baby? Ahhh the good old days. LOL. Well she's 15 so I must be doing something right. Good luck with however you tell her.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Hallmark has cards for everything these days. Get her one that says congratulations on your new grandbaby.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• She may take her cues from you..if you act happy chances are she will respond positively...unless you are with a jerk? Are you married? If not be prepared to tell her what your plans are. If you are married and you have a good relationhip with your mom you could plan a fun way to tell her...get her a grandma shirt..or something. (you could do this if your not married, I just know my parents wouldn't be ready to celebrate right away if I wasn't married so I would need to give them time for it to sink in) Wrap up baby booties or something your mom would enjoy and watch the surprise spread across her face!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• what do you guys think about making her a funny t-shirt or coffee mug? something like "worlds skinniest grandma!" instead of worlds best grandma? too much disgusting?
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 3:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• hehe, I love your answer riotgrrl!!

I was 20 and still living at home when I found out I was pregnant. My parents weren't happy I wasn't living on my own yet, but they still loved me and supported me as I got married, moved out, and bought my first home. Calm yourself down and realize this is your mom. She loves you, no matter how much you mess up. Trust me, I know.
    asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 3:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was in the same boat LOL. I was 26 when I got pregnant and I was like omg I cannot tell my mom haha. But I'm Mexican and my mother raised us well tried to raise us in the old fashioned tradiotional ways. But she wasn't upset she told me "about time" lol. I waited until I was 4 months to let my parents know. But I would just do it already she might be mad but once your belly grows and she sees that baby trust me she'll forget everything.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 3:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree with the PP. You can find a card for anything. I told all the grandparents with valentine's day cards this year.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was 17 when I found out I was pregnant..still living in her house. I was scared to death. I went to the doctor and had a blood test taken (the pregnancy test i had taken one said positive and one said negative) so the result would take about 3 days. When the doctor called I ran to my bedroom. She told me I needed to set up a appointment with a OBGYN and my heart dropped. My mom opened my door and she knew.. She didn't blow up at me of anything, she actually thought it was pretty funny(not because I was pregnant) because she could see my heart beating inside my chest. On the end she was excited about having a new baby in the family.
    Anonymous

• xocyncyn..i'm 16 weeks already. hahaha suck it up lindsay! i need to just do it!
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 4:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009