activities for baby?

i have a 5 month old and it seems like we don't do enough during the day...we play and do tummy time,read,watch a little bit of tv...but it seems like he's bored...are there things that i should be doing with him? any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try teaching and learning sign language with him.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 4:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• take him outside if your weather is nice, let him sit in the grass and explore! sing with him, play peek a boo (he's the perfect age), give him different textured things to explore (crunchy vs soft, etc). I go to school full time, and my son often got bored when I had to do homework, so I would read my homework to him in funny voices, that always got a smile out of him.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 4:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have the exact same problem!! How do I know she's getting the right typr of stimulation? LOL... I'll be watching this one.
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My 11 month old has all his toys in the front room were he can get them. Its a wide range of different types of toys. I figure if he is running around getting into everything not nailed shut then he is stimulated. I stop what I am doing every hour or so to play with him or his big sisters do.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You can try singing and dancing with him, taking him for walks, to parks, to play dates (more for you, but good for him to be around other kids). You can even go around the house and show him different things. You'll be amazed how interesting the contents of a refrigerator can be. My 7 month old son has a favorite magnet. You can play with different textures. Rub it against his hand (or let him suck on it, if it's safe), and describe it for him.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2009