Has anyone of you ladies ever had an abnormal papsmear?

And had to schedule another appointment to have a "Biopsy" done?

If so what should I expect :(

Not looking forward to it. (unhappy)

Please be blunt, I have to know the truth I can take it... Please tell me, I am trying to be positive about it but I guess it is scary when you don't know what to expect. I'll be fine. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• Ive had several abnormal paps they all turned out to be nothing. Hope yours is the same!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes I have had 2 abnormal paps and had to get a biopsy done it wasnt to bad not like what i expected i expected alot of pain but it wasnt to painful just felt like scraping. Mine did turn out to be high risk hpv. hopefully you will be fine.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 4:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i had one a few years ago. after the biopsy they told me it was just an infection and gave me some antibiotics! it could be no big deal! also, it's best to have them catch whatever it may be EARLY! the earlier you get your testing out of the way, the more you don't have to worry about cancer! it happened to my mom too, she had to have cells burned off. it's EXTREMELY common to have this happen! my biopsy was painful! but most people say it's just uncomforable. and even though there was pain..it was 2 seconds of it and over. as long as you continue to go to your appointments you should be just fine!
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 4:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yeah.. I had a biopsy too.. it hurt and I was pregnant.. I had several.. several biopsies actually. I have HPV. Lots of woman have it, but their body usually fights it off. They'll probably wait, depending on the severity and they'll see if your body can fight it away on its own. Probably going to have several more biopsies.. Hang in there. I eneded up having to have part of my cervix removed. I'm ok now, and I can still have kids.. But I do still have HPV.. it causes vaginal or anal warts. Most of mine are small.. but I'll have to get them removed.. Could you let me know what happens? Maybe since I've been through it all.. i could comfort you a bit about it..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 4:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Well I have had 2 abnormal paps done and the biopsy was kind of painful. They both came out good but it is still very scary. My Gynecologist told me that cervical cancer is the easiest to deal with and get rid of if you take care of it ASAP so if you do get bad new take care of it immediately. I hope you are OK and I hope you get some good results.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 4:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I had an abnormal pap then a biopsy. I've heard it feels uncomfortable for some people but I honestly felt nothing. My biopsy showed cervical cell dysplasia (abnormal aka precancerous cells) which were then removed through a LEEP procedure. That was over 10 years ago and no reoccurances since! Best of luck to you!
    Anonymous

• Ask for a cone. its like conization or something like that.. Thats why I had, My doc is in his 70s and knows A LOT... he said he performed a leep procedure and there was blood EVERYWHERE! he freaked me out, lol, he said he refuses to ever do one again, that they are too harmful to the cervix
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 4:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• ..Not trying to scare you!! i'm sorry if thats how it sounded.. Just making sure you know.. I'm not even sure if they still do leeps anywhere now.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 4:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have had several abnormal Paps because of HPV, and I've had biopsies done 4 diferent times. I also have had cervical cancer cells removed using the conization that another poster refered to, and I have had cells "frozen" off.
    My doctor gave me naproxin (Motrin) when I arrived at the office, then did the procedure about 20 minutes later. I felt it, but it wasn't really painful. It felt like exactly what it is---someone pinching off tiny pieces of your insides. You'll probably feel the tool (which looks a little intimidating!) more than you'll feel the pinching. I bled a little bit (more like a heavy spotting) for a few hours afterwards, and had a little bit of cramping for the rest of the day.
    My suggestions would be to call you doctor and ask them if you should take Motrin before you come in and either wear or take a pantyliner.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 7:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sorry...don't know hwere my brain is! Naproxen is Aleve...not Motrin!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 7:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2009