How much should my 11 1/2 month old nap every day?

we have had a hard time finding a schedule that works, she is waking up at night, 2-3 times, and wants to play, wont eat, just wants to play, we dont let her, and we just keep her in our bed until she is back asleep, but its been going on for 3 weeks. she had been going 10-12 hours at night, since she was 2 months old, but now all of a sudden she wont.
she naps 2 times a day now, usually about 90 min each nap. is that too much? or to little?

fairygirl13

Asked by fairygirl13 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they should nap 2 two hr naps a day one in the am, and one in the aftrnoon, total, 4 hrs of naps
    Anonymous

• There is no right or wrong answer of how much sleep they should get ....each kid is different. But in this case something obviously isn't right if they are waking in the middle of the night. If they want to play why don't you just leave them in their crib with a few toys or books instead of getting into the habit of bringing them into bed with you ...(which is a hard thing to break ...believe me I know!!) When my dd was 11 months she was sleeping 12 hrs a night and taking 2 naps a day but it was more turning into one solid 2-3 hr nap.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 5:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• As Mrspilat said, there really is no right or wrong. Our 11 month old will either take two short naps, like 30 to 45 mins or one long nap of 2 hours or so. If he wakes in the middle of the night we leave him in his crib unless he is crying, then we put him in bed with us and he goes back to sleep. Good luck
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• hey lady. well i know how you feel our oldest one did that and my reccomendation is to put her in her crib/playpen and just leave her dont go and pick her up she will eventually stop doing it knowing your not responding to her. if she cries just let her go. you know shes fine and doesnt need anything. also as for naps my oldest (who is 3 now) took 2 naps am and pm until she was like 15 mos. but my 9 month old now only takes one 2 hour nap at 1-330 or 4 hope this helps.
    MelissaT84

Answer by MelissaT84 at 2:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2009