So I live the life of a single mom..

But I'm married. So why shouldn't I just be single? I'd get friends. I'd get to go to college... I'd get to live a little more. I could make my husband move out and take over the bills..they are all in my name anyway. I'm really getting sick of him too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Good luck getting any descent advice here, seems liek the rudest responses are in the relationship section. Anyway, if there's anything I've learned about being married its tell him word for word what is on your mind and what is bothering you and what he needs to do to change. Otherwise he will just continue on as if everything is just perfect.
    Anonymous

• No one can answer that question except for you.
    Anonymous

• Well, I live like a single mom, sorta. My husband is a Drilling Fluids Engineer so he works pretty much everyday. He is gone a lot. But when he is home, it's great. So I am not much help. But either way, you need to talk to your husband about this and how you feel. I do everything myself because my husband is working and usually ends up working holidays as well. But we make it work and he provides for his family. You both need to find something that works for both of you.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Well, I need to ask, is he doing anything to cause you to feel this way? Or are you just tired of being married?
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Be honest with yourself are you sure you are the one that wants to be single?

I mean it sounds like it.

If there is no love there then go for it, but if you miss the single life then go for that.

Why did you feel like you wanted to get married in the first place..poor guy..but then again I don't know him. Move on I guess. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Your kids could answer this for you.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I sometimes feel the same way but I guess for everyone it's different. I have too much love for him to actually kick him out and I know how it would be for the kids. We do have our issues(he thinks it's my job to take care of the kids and the house)( I do take care of everything but sometimes I need a break) but I love my family and I just don't think it's right. i hope whatever you decide to to makes your life better and your child as well.

TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 4:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• well, we got married because he wouldn't let me break up with him. and I was pregnant and I wanted to do right for my baby... And he barely pays the bills! We live in a two bedroom, and between the two of us we have FOUR kids, His daughter from marriage #1, my two daughters fro Marriage #1 and our daughter together.. Last night he tried having sex with me, and he made me feel sick.. I'm just not feeling this relationship anymore.... He knows, I left him for a day, and he talked me into coming back.. but since then, I've wanted to leave again!
    Anonymous

• Have you considered counseling? It may be the best way to get your point across without fighting. I think it is best to get things out in the open and work toward what you want. But you have to decide what you want first.

Good luck!
    marywilliams

Answer by marywilliams at 5:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I think you should separate from your husband for a while and see if you get to go to college, hang out with friends and live a little more with three kids being totally single. As a wise poster once said " the grass is always greenest over the septic tank".

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2009