What do i need to ask for when i go to court over my daughter.

Ok I am getting ready to go to court over my daughter. What do I need to do I breastfeed I don't want him getting her over night he hasn't ever seen he didn't even get her birthday right on the papers he had served on me.

stormyr_15

Asked by stormyr_15 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OK I live in Texas and the law here is that the Non Custodial parent isn't to keep the child over night until they are 3 years old. I would just let them know the reasoning behind why he wants to all of the sudden see his child and ask that until she gets use to him and you are through breastfeeding that she not be allowed to stay the night away from home. I do hope it works out.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 4:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You need to prove you are more capible (sp)... Show he doesnt know her B-day and such... Moms dont always get children anymore, but it is still rare for them not too... Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• Okay, you want top-notch legal advise ask here:  http://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/

Read around first and get a feel for the place!  They can be pretty brutal, but it's tough love.  They want you to be prepared.  Be open to the advice you'll get, the seniors there know their stuff.  OhioGAL is a guardian ad litum(a lawyer that the courts appoint to protect the child's interest), so pay really close attention to any advice she gives you.  She's tough, though.  Don't take it personal if she comes down on you.  Just realize she's trying to help you understand what you could come up against in court.  Remeber that it is a legal information site, not a support site.  So it won't be sunshine and rainbows.  It will be brutal truth. 

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 4:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• In Oregon there are no overnights until the child is 3 or 4 (its been a couple years so I can't remember the exact age). And for infants the times away from mom were very limited, like a couple hours at a time, especially if breastfeeding.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009