Living Green vs Conventional?

We obviously need to start taking better care of the planet, but how reasonable is it to think that we will be able to "go green"? If it's important, shouldn't there be some sort of tax credit, etc., for those that embark on a greener life. Natural vs Conventional...

CG303

Asked by CG303 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• Good thinking. Maybe in the near future. Going green is a great thing, but not always possible. It is very expensive to make the changes necessary to do it completely. If you look at the "green" products at the store, they are the most expensive. It's totally your decision to do it if you want, but I don't feel that people should be made to or judged because they don't.
    Anonymous

• We had our windows replaced with energy efficient windows and we did get a tax credit for that. There are a lot of things you can do to your home to make it more energy efficient and get a tax credit for that. But for the most part, it doesn't cost more to "go green." I use natural products to clean like vinegar. It is great for cleaning. But it's also a lot cheaper than those cleaning products that are really toxic. I do what I can in moderation. I personally don't feel some of the things people are doing to " go green" are right for my family. What's important to us is that we are doing what we can and doing our part to make changes, even if they are small.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You can start by not allowing companies to make packaging out of non-recycled materials.[similar to what tide has done with 2x concentration]we need to get the word out to everyone how not starting to go green can impact the world. I say if you make it cool,everyone will go for it! Who doesn't want to do the latest trend?Even doing something simple as changing one lightbulb a month to a compact fluorescent,or washing clothes in cold water really helps[and saves you money]If companies only make green products,the price is sure to go down so they all can compete.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009