Divorce

I want one. I'm going to court tomorrow and my ex is probably going to pay a lot of Child support. I could use it to get an appartment or something. What the heck am I supposed to do with three kids? This sucks so bad. I love his DD. She loves me. I have two kids that love him, and we have one together. But I really have wanted a divorce for quite some time now. Life sucks so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• so sorry =( I'm thinking about divorce too...hopefully everything works out right for you.
    Anonymous

• Is there a reason for divorce? Unless you've been married for less than 1 year you can't just go to the court house and file for divorce in most states. You have to either have grounds for divorce or have a 1-2yr separation. Child support paying for an apartment? Wow, either he's rich or you must have cheap apartments where you live. Good luck!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It does NOT have to suck. You can still keep a relationship if that's what you want. My x and I got along a whole lot better after the divorce. We even started dating again and respecting each other again and stopped taking each other for granted. It helped the kids transition better than a drastic break in the relationship and all the fighting that can go with it. Make it work for you. You will just be living a single life. That's not a bad thing. I had three kids. Life was much easier for me after the divorce.I could get them on a schedule and they were not stressed all the time. It's all good if you think about the positive

Answer by admckenzie at 5:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• No, not like a week worth of child support, my ex husband (we have two kids together) is behind and every time we go to court he has to pay a lump sum to catch up from what should have been paid from the last court date. If we split.. i'll be getting child support from both ex husbands.. on all three kids..
    Anonymous

• And get a job of course..
    Anonymous

• I did it with 3 kids, one of which was 2 days old. I went back to work the following day after having a c-section; and took my kids everywhere I went. If you want it bad enough, you can do it.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 5:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Why do you want a divorce? And why are so many people wanting to get divorced? Did you just realize that marriage isnt about all fun and lovey dovey but that their are actually hard times too? I always wonder how people stay married for like 90 years? Than i came to the conclusion that those people sweat and worked hard to keep their marriage together. Sure there are good times and bad times but thats what you "signed up for" when you got married.
    Anonymous

• If he wants a divorce and you two can work things out and be civil then more power to you. Struggling in court to get child support from one man is hard enough and now you are putting yourself in a position to do it with another one. How would visitation work? Since you two were married, it's possible that he could get visitation with your two kids and you could get visitation for his daughter but how does that affect the bio parent's visitation? Hopefully, you think all of these things through before filing for divorce.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The Biological Father to my two doesn't see them anymore... hasn't for a year. He's a druggie now.
    Anonymous

• Kinda sounds like you're only in it now...and before...for money. Sorry, but that's how I read your question.
    Anonymous