did it hurt when you had your IUD removed?

I have the Mirena, and thanks to my friend I now want another baby! We won't be trying until at least next year. However I have the mirena IUD. It hurt like a son of a gun to get in. Does it hurt when it comes out?

Haydensmom326

Asked by Haydensmom326 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Health

• I have the copper IUD (so maybe its a little different) but having it removed felt about the same as having it put in.
    Nicki87

Answer by Nicki87 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I had the Paraguard (copper) and having it put in was way more uncomfortable than having it removed.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• AW I HAD MINE TAKEN OUT IN FEBRUARY AND IT WAS ALL GOOD...I HAD BEEN SO NERVOUS BECAUSE THE FIRST CLINIC WENT TO COULDNT FIND THE STRING, BUT THE ORIGINAL DR FOUND IT WITH WITHIN SECONDA ND IT WAS OUT IN WITHOUT MUCH PAIN...I PERSONALLY THOUGHT IT WAS A LITTLE CRAMPING...BUT NOT AS BAD AS THE INSERTION...
    momofmn

Answer by momofmn at 11:27 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The insertion was a hell of alot worse than the removal. I had mine taken out monday and it cramped and felt kinda weird but nothing too painful.
    aj_baby_06

Answer by aj_baby_06 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• mine hurt because it had implanted in the wall of my uterus...ugh I will never forget it but hey it still hurt less than giving birth...
    arianamartinezm

Answer by arianamartinezm at 12:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2008