Mothers!

I was just wondering how many of you have moms/MIL's that drive you nuts? My MIL has one child, my husband and she had him about thirty years ago but she always wants to jump in and give her opinion on my parenting!!!!! She says it is cause she has so much experience because her stepdaughters have 11 kids between the two but they live across the country and she is lucky if she spends time with them once a year!!! I just wonder HOW LONG before she backs off or do I have to move across country too?! I am a good mom, but sometimes I feel like even though I know it and a lot of the time I can ignore it that sometimes she just needs put in her place.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• She'll never back off.. until you tell her to..
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 4:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Tell her that you would rather figure it out than take her advice. Your going to have to be up front, because those granny's who think they know it all usually don't stop at nothing. Tell her to back off before it gets ugly.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have told her but she insists she has every right to act like a normal "concerned" grandparent because she loves him!!! I don't know what else to do. I have tried being nice, we have been in fights about it....she just won't back down. I feel like I have to move across the country soon! And now I am preggers and it makes it worse cause I feel everything magnified!
    Anonymous

• Why don't you just accept the advice and then disreagred it. If she want's to tell it to you fine, doesn't mean you have to do it.
    Sometimes its best to just let someone say their piece so they'll shut up faster.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009