What do you know about the Essure birth control procedure? Did anyone have it done? Pros or cons, please share.

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• Google pros and cons of the Essure birth control procedure.
    Anonymous

• I had this done 3 years ago and love it. It was done in the office, took maybe 1/2 hour. My hubby was with me during it. After there was a little cramping and spotting. After it was done we went out for lunch and then I rested the rest of the day. I was back at work the next day. During the 3 months while the scarring is happening you need to use another form of bc. The testing to checking if the tubes were closed was a little painful but not too bad. There are a few people where it doesn't scar over or the coils fall out but I had no problems.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Thank you, anon 4:56. That was so helpful. Sheesh. Maybe she didn't want to google it; maybe she wanted some first-hand testimony from users on a site she trusts. But thanks for your smarmy input.
    Anonymous

• I know nothing about it! Hope you find your answers that are best for you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2009