I am considering letting daughter stay at grandparents tonight.

I am considering letting dd, 8 months old stay at her grandparents tonight. She is already there, they keep her during the day while i am at work. I thought this morning i was getting sick. Stomach has been messed up all day, and getting sore throat. Low fever of 99.6 or something. Anyways, i hate leaving her because i miss her so much during the day. I miss that little face. Plus i know about 5:30, she starts looking for me to show up, and i don' tknow how she would do for the night. I mean she is use to her routine. I pick her up and we go home and do our thing. I also don't want to risk her gettign sick. But i don't think stomach and sore throat is contagious. And i'm not sure about a low grade fever. She does sleep with hubby and I. What would you do? Let her stay or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd let her stay,I'm sure they would love to have her over night,What is it gonna hurt? she will be fine mommy,don't worry,I'm sure her grandparents,know what to do.You trust them during the day ,so they will do fine at night,it is hard to let them go,but they nee it as much as we do good luck,and let the grandparents make their memories of over the night visits.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• well it depends on you and if the grandparents are ok with it.my kids stayed out before with my sister but its up to you
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Well, grandparents would keep her 24/7 if allowed too. Grandma thinks those two days on the weekend are just torture. So that isn''t the problem. And she will be well taken care of, or should i say spoilt. I just miss her and it seems like tomorrow at 5 will never come. Somebody, maybe my mom or something told me one time that she needs to get use to staying at others houses. When i was little, in the middle of the night i would cry to go home, and this went on well, past toddler years. I never liked staying overnight at others houses. I can see where it would not hurt her. I am the big baby and whine about missing her. I just wanted others opionions on what they would do.
    Anonymous

• Oh I know,with my first,my in laws was always wanting to keep her over night,but I would'nt give in,and finally I said ok,and they all done great.I am going to be a grandma in sept,and I hope my daugher will let me keep him/her some at night.Now that I don't have grandparents,I realize all I missed.just try to relax,and let her stay,rest and feel better.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If you are okay with how they take care of her in the daytime, then go ahead. It will also give her the chance to learn how its fun to spend the night with grandparents!
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would! My parents take all my kids and my nephew every w/e. me and my SIL like to potty train early b/c that is g-ma rule. No diapers to spend the night. She will be fine and its better not to get her sick. Ifyou have a fever, you are probably contagious. On the other hand, you were probably contagious this a.m. when she was already w/ you, but at least you will get some rest and get better.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 6:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It wouldn't hurt. If they already take care of her throughout the day, they know her very well, and she is very familiar and comfortable with them. She will do just fine. My mom has my son at least once a week for the night. She enjoys her time with him, and my son enjoys his grandparents and uncle. It also exposes him to different things, in a good way. I get my rest, and get things done around the home. When he comes back home, he's excited to see me, and I'm much more rested and less stressed because everything is done. Granted, I miss him like crazy when he is gone! But it's very much worth it! I only let him stay the night with my mom, though. I have hard time with the idea of leaving him with anyone else, nor is he comfortable. Let them keep her, and get your rest, get feeling better. You'll be a much better mom if you're rested and healthy... plus you wouldn't want her to catch what you have... if it's contagious.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 6:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009