I know this sounds so terrible..

But sometimes I just want to give my kids to their dad. I never will.. But I'm so tired, I'm so stressed, I'm So depressed.. I'm an idiot. I have too many kids. I want a break. I feel like such a terrible person for wanting to bail. I am a terrible person.. Please be nice. I just need someone to talk to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• First of all.. every one needs a break from time to time. If you don't get a break and take care of yourself then you can't be the best mom you can be for your kids. This is why I say to put yourself "first" . I know people usually say, "oh my kids come first". Well, if your plane is going down, you are instructed to put the mask on yourself FIRST so that you can have the oxygen and strength to put the mask on your kids. This should apply in real life also. If you need someone to talk to feel free to message me.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't think you are a terrible person everone needs a brake once in a while maybe try finding a baby sitter once a month and just relax
    mamamonkey90

Answer by mamamonkey90 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• how many kids and why if you need to talk im here or on yahoo
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• No you are not a terriable person. You are perfectly normal. In fact good for you for admiting you have a problem with depression and need help. If you feel that they would be in a better environment with their dad, then maybe that is where they need to be while you get the help you need. Good luck.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have three kids. My husband acts like a kid, and I have a step daughter that I take care of when shes here. I never get to the leave the house. I'm too stressed.. and a stressed mommy is NOT a good mommy.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like their father isn't in yours or their life? If not ...I can't even imagine what you are going through. Of course you feel stressed out. Is there a family member that can watch them so you can enjoy a night out or a Saturday afternoon? I have one dd and could never imagine doing this w.o my so.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 5:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• you are not terrible, im so sorry :[ i wouldnt be able to do it and i only have one
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i don't think you're a terrible person at all. in fact i feel like this at this very moment.
    i think if i could get in the car right now and drive away for a little while then i would. i'm just so tired.
    Anonymous

• My mom fakes being sick all the time.. and this time its lasted a LONG time. My parents hardly ever watch my kids. They're too busy enjoying their life without us.. They'll invite me over, but I have to watch the kids. And I am married.. but he's never home. And the kids are all his. He'll sit and eat in front of my two without even feeding them. He's an ass. Its not going to happen, their dad doesn't even see them anymore.
    Anonymous

• You need a break. I do not think you are a terrible person. Split the kids up tomorrow or your next avail time and go do something you want to do for a few hrs, even if it is just to take a nap.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009