I want to open a daycare for autistic kids in Merced/Central Valley(advice and help needed)

Im thinking of opening a daycare for autistic kids in the near future. My son was diagnosed with autism and I havent really found any inhome daycares for kids with autism in the merced and central valley area. Does anyone know the need for this or does anyone have an autistic child? Any advice would be helpful. Also if anyone is interested in starting the daycare with me let me know. I want the daycare set up with soft play (like gymbore) and learning toys (social and sensory) for autistic children. I also want to set it up where nurses and special ed teachers can come and help and work with me/us and the children.

Thanks for reading

Theresa

Theresa95341

Asked by Theresa95341 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Several years ago, I was a respite care provider for families w/autistic children. I also spent time with them in a very controlled classroom setting. It was wonderful, safe, & good for the kids, but truthfully, the room was highly staffed. Your idea is incredible, but you will need to observe, study &make sure you have everything just right before you start. Having the specialists come in while the kids are there would be such a gift to parents like yourself! This may sound funny, but maybe you could start small &co-op with a YMCA or something. Offer a program where the mom's could drop their kiddos in a great room set up just for the kids & the special teachers, & the mom/dad could go work out, swim, or read for a while in the meantime. Just a thought. It would help families/special workers/kids get very comfortable with you, your team, and the idea while giving you time to research.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 5:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009