I have 11 month old twins and I am pregnant again...

only 6 weeks. Wondering if anyone knows the stats on the possibility of a second set of twins.

megmckn

Asked by megmckn at 5:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• WHoa!!! First of all congrats! Secondly, I think it depends on how you had twins in the first place. Does it run in the family? Are they identical? Need more information.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Agree with PP - fraternal twins are genetic, identical twins are "coincidence". So it kinda depends what your first set is. If they're fraternal, the chances of having another set go up a good junk.
    GermanMami

Answer by GermanMami at 5:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I had twins and the doc told me a little over 50/50 chance for subsequent pregnancies.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Wanna a pistol,or shot gun( for your self ) lol wow congradulations,anythings possible. good luck dear.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• They are natural...run on both sides of the family. This set was identical...however our oldest daughter was also a twin (we believe fraternal) but the twin stopped developing early in my second trimester....
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 5:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My brother and his wife have two sets of fraternal twins. Two girls and a boy and a girl. Congratulations!!!
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 7:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009