• In the Spotlight:

Sweet Babies!!!

Ok so we had our parent teacher conferences last night and we took the kids out to dinner after because they had SUCH good ones. While at dinner we told our Son that his teacher said that he was one of the kindest most loving, empathetic, warm hearted people (not just child) she had EVER met, We were so proud to hear that. After telling him this he looked at me and said well who raised me? (I was a single Mom for 8 years before meeting my Husband) and I said who, he said, "you raised me Mama, how could I be anything but that way" I started to cry in the resturaunt, then our Daughter piped in and said "yeah Mama, were good kids cause you're the best Mom in the world." My heart melted and I was SO overcome with joy. I was just wondering if any of you have had those moments of.."oh my God, being a parent is SO incredible, and I loves these little buggars SOOO much" If so, what made you feel that way

happyathomemum

Asked by happyathomemum at 5:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mine make me feel that way as they get older. When they were younger, different story. Congratulations, mom.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• That's so sweet, you almost got me crying, well I was crying one day and said and my 2yr old son said maybe a hug will make you feel better. I love him so much.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yes, but not very often.
    Last week, on spring break, I took my kids hiking at a state park about an hour from home. They said, "Thanks, Mom, for bringing us here. You're the best." They said this spontaneously, and in front of people, in the middle of our hike!
    Of course, by the end of the day, they were tired, crying, cranky, and I was a mean mom again. But for a moment, I saw a glimpse that maybe I'm a good mom after all, and maybe it's paying off.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 5:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• That is so sweet. It is great to hear someone tell you they appreciate your children, and of course it is really great to hear your children tell you they appreciate you. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• When my 8 year old was 6 he layed in bed with me and said, "Mommy, I'm your baby." I know it's not as great as yours but it melted my heart. He always calls me "Beautiful" even if I look like hell all messy hair and no makeup. My husband says he's buttering me up for something. Too funny. Well he hasn't asked for that something yet.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• awww that is the sweetest thing i ever heard, sounds like you have 2 fantastic kids, i'm  so jealous of your parenting skills lol,,,

dee778

Answer by dee778 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Thank all of you for your sweet words. Sounds like there are a bunch of great kids out there and great moms too. Thanks again!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 2:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009