probably a pretty silly question..

Can you get your hair dyed while pregnant? What about your nails done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes to both
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i am a hairdresser and it is just up to your doctor...alot of times they dont feel it is safe for you to inhale the chemicals while pregnant but some doctors say its perfectly fine, i know lots of women that have done it and they and their babies were just fine. I personally didnt do it but just by choice. Just ask your dr.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Wear a mask, thats what I did, but my doctor told me it wasn't safe within the first few months of pregnancy. But after that it's fine wearing a mask.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 5:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I colored my hair my whole pregnancy -from 4 weeks to just before delivery. No problems for me or the baby. Discuss it with your doctor and decide what is right for you.
    marywilliams

Answer by marywilliams at 5:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The biggest issue with hair dye is the hormones. A lot of time they can affect the way the dye takes. I had a good friend that would dye her hair every six weeks like clock work. Well, one time, she ended up with orange hair and her stylist told her to go take a pregnancy test. Sure enough, she was about 8 weeks pregnant.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009