my iud just came out the strings was hanging out and i pulled it and it came right out is that ok? should i go to the doctor? it dont hurt or anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• yes! u definately need to see ur Dr. but the ER isnt neccessary unless u were in pain. now, u do need to be concerned about the scarring like she said..thats a big problem with IUDs. and it shudnt have come out like that for a "normal" reason ya know? u cud get prgnant ASAP too, so "be safe!"
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You should go to the Dr....if you still want birth control. If not be happy it came all the way out. When my body rejected mine it implanted itself in my vaginal wall and I had to have it surgically removed.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 5:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• well considering it was in there to prevent pregnancy i would call your doc asap and till then if u do have sex use protection. im not positive but would call just to make sure, i would be worried if it came out to the point i could pull it out.. yikes..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If you want it back in then yes. If not, and you want another baby you have to wait two months to try because the lining of your uterus is too thin to carry a baby right now
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I took mine out myself and I am fine. If you want it for BC then you should have them put a new one in .
    Anonymous

• Yeah go! I have one and I am always so freaked out that it will come out and I not know it!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• im going to have to call my doctor in the morning they are closed....
    Anonymous

• Get off the computer and go to the ER or Urgent Care clinic don't wait until the morning. You shouldn't be able to just pull it out, it is supposed to be implanted. You could have torn something inside and not know it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• mikayla-that is not true. i got pregnant within days of having mine removed.

i would call the doctor...if you could pull it out like that it was improperly placed or knocked loose by very rough sex. and definitely use back up unless you want kids...
    Anonymous