Can someone be a "born again" virgin?

Well I got thinking, if someone can be a "born again" christian, why can't they also be a "born again" virgin?

abby7606

Asked by abby7606 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• you can choose to be abstinent but you wont be a virgin again
    Anonymous

• Yes. There was actually a youth group pastor in my old church that would sponsor teenagers in reclaiming their virginity. He said everyone makes mistakes and everyone has some regrets. So long as you really are sorry for your sins, all will be forgiven. I mean, obviously, you are no longer physically a virgin, but spiritually.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree with Mom1Stepmom1
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree with Mom1Stepmom1
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree with Mom1Stepmom1 also.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Heck ya, I was LOL!!!

(and I dont think you have to be "sorry" to become one. Just not have sex for over a year) LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Physically no you can never take that back. Technically the way a woman loses her virginity is by breaking the hymen. So again technically a tampon can do that. So does that count as being a virgin. God casts our sins into the sea of forgetfulness so if you have had intercourse out of wedlock and you have asked for forgiveness then God forgets all about it. God doesnt remind you of your past the devil does! So to answer that. Yes you can be a virgin again SPIRITUALLY not PHYSICALLY!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Well, actually ladies there is a medical procedure that can "replace" the hymen. Its expensive (and a little frivolous IMO) but its out there....

Its called Hymen Restoration or hymenoplasty

Oh the wonderful things surgery can do for our "downstairs" nowadays...LOL
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I think it is great idea, symbolically. But technically you are not a virgin anymore, you can't take it back.

I believe that God can forgive you and you can be washed and made new. And that is amazing. Purity is beautiful.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Oh my goodness. Hymen Restoration surgery. ouch. I would say that it is a little frivolous too. but I guess to some girls having a hymen is a life or death thing. This just sounds painful.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009