brushing teeth?

my baby is 5 months and has two teeth on the bottom...should i be brushing them? how often?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, as soon as they get their first tooth you start brushing to get them use to it and so it doesn't rot. We didn't brush our sons teeth until he had 4 teeth and the first two started to get brittle, thankfully the doctor gave us some meds that helped but we make sure to brush both our kids teeth every day. our daughter has 3 teeth at the moment and they are pearly white! Seriously start brushing them! Oh and don't forget the vitamins!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 5:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Twice a day. After breakfast and before bed. I actually started brushing DDs gums before she had teeth. Just to get her used to it so it wasn't a struggle when I actually needed to.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• absolutely. get him used to it!! Ive been doing my DD since 4 months. she got hers early. She doesn't mind it at all and she's 7 months.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yes! As soon as those teeth are poking through, they need to be brushed twice a day. We started with our son before they appeared, and made it fun, now he gets all excited when he sees the tooth brush coming.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2009