How many of you feel guilty.....

My husband and I are both working parents and I feel so GUILTY for not having much time left over for our DD or play dates, games, ..... and on and on.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think that it's just natural that parents (especially moms) feel guilty about not spending enough time with their kids. I'm a SAHM and I'm with them constantly when they aren't in school, yet I can even manage to feel like I'm not with them enough, especially when they are spending time with gramma and grampa instead of me. The most important thing is that when you are together, you spend "quality" time together. They will always remember that their mom gave them lots of hugs and kisses, played board games, watched movies with popcorn in the dark, "camped out" in tents made out of blankets.......they'll remember the good stuff and won't even realize that you worked. Just do the best that you can. Another thing, obviously you need to cook and stuff, but save the cleaning for when the kids are in bed. That way it doesn't interfere with your time with them. They grow up so fast, you can have a clean house in 10 years.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• try not to be hard on yourself. my mom was a single mom (my dad was literally in and out and most of the time out of the picture. he was not a parent figure in my life if that makes sense). she worked for my entire life. she raised both my sister and i. she did GREAT. I love my mom so much. We are really close. Its so nice. As long as you are spending time with them when you can you are doing great. you don't have to be a SAHM to have a good relationship with your kids or raise them to be smart good people. we had a great childhood.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I do! Ugh...during parent teacher night they asked if he does play dates and I felt so bad saying no..and that we don't have time. He's into swimming,martial arts and football on the weekends and twice during the week but we don't have time for after school playdates.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2009