Is it bad that i'm 6 weeks along and havent gotten mornin sickness?

I;m 6 weeks pregnant and i havent thrown up yet.

Blessed1982

Asked by Blessed1982 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you kidding me? that is not bad. Some women are lucky enough to never have morning sickness. Me, I was sick all day for almost my entire first trimester. COunt your blessings and pray you don't start throwing up!!! LOL
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Not at all. I went 38 weeks and 5 days without it! I did not get morning sickness at all during my pregnancy. Not everyone gets it - count yourself lucky if you don't!
    marywilliams

Answer by marywilliams at 5:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• no u are one of the lucky ones hope it don't start later
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 5:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Mine didnt hit til 6 weeks but it was never bad. I only threw up three times but i was always nauseated. The smell of peppers or the thought of melted cheese grossed me out! Stupid taco bell commercials lol!
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• No, just be happy. Remember morning sickness isn't just throwing up it can also be just feeling nauseous or queasy. 

mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 5:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• some people are lucky enough never to get it. With my first I just got nauseous for a week.. that was the extent of my morning sickness. With my DD it didn't hit until about 8-9 weeks. You'll be less likely to get it if you stay hydrated and eat little bits throughout the day. Good luck and congrats!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i am 5 weeks pregnant and the only time i get a little sick is when i try to smoke a cigarette but know i am done i cut back for the baby but i am not feeling nausious for a nasty cigarette! I hope you and I both get passed over and not have morning sickness! congrats you are doing great!!!!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• NO! You are soooo lucky. By the time I hit 6 weeks I was fully aware that our toilet needed to be cleaned more thoroughly hahah. It was terrible. The ENTIRE first trimester I was vomiting my brains out. But It's different for everyone, some people have only a little and some have a lot, some are lucky to never experience it at all. Every Pregnancy is different for every women. You will probably notice tons of things that are different about you than what it says in the text books and online but that's nothing to worry about. What's normal for you may not be normal for anyone else! Just don't worry.
    javila

Answer by javila at 6:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was sick the whole time,I weighed 112 lbs when I finally had my daughter,I even had dry heaves as I was pushing. Get on your knees right now and thank God,you may not be so lucky the next time. and by the old wives tale not getting sick in the beginning ( It's a boy) lol just a wives tale congradulations,and best of luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I din;t get "morning sickness" untill I was in between 9-13 weeks. I still only got sick about 5 times in those 4 weeks. It wasn't in the morning for me though. More at night.
    ash1228

Answer by ash1228 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2009