What do you think about Obama's approach to Afganistan?

He answered a couple questions about it on 60 minutes; something like; #1 priority to be making sure Al Qaeda (sp?) can not attack U.S., our interests & allies. & IN SERVICE OF PRIORITY #1 WE MAY NEED TO BUILD UP ECONOMIC CAPACITY IN AFGANISTAN & improve our diplomatic efforts in Pakistan.

I understand all except for what is in caps; -what does that mean? why would we? Would that give us some sort of control over afganistan, & how much? How would it help us? What would it do for us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he was stating that America may need to help the Afghan people by REcreating a functioning economic system. Before Taliban overthrew the government, that country was a thriving industrial and technological based one. It was only after the Taliban took over when they outlawed "Western" ideals and modern convinences.

In what capacity we would be helping...well, I think the presence of American troops along with aide from the UN, Red Cross, and other countries could help start a modern job market and increase the country's potential to become financially stable.

This is in America's intrest b/c we should all look out for each other. When we don't, what had previously happened in Afghanistan is proof of what could happen.

*These are just MO and I'm not quoting the President's plan from any particular source....
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Ummm... hmm idk that much about that havent been watching the news lately ... but i think obama is up to something ..and i dont like him at all... hes an idiot ..sorry if u like him... im mccain and palin ..
    Anonymous

• Its ok; I honestly just want to understand this & am not here nor there with like or dislike of the man. It just really caught my attention.
    Anonymous