why does he stay????

me and my husband recently had a really big falling out that caused him to go to jail and once he got out of jail he went and stayed with his mother (which is where he is still at after 4 months) he constantly calls me, text me, instant message me, and wants me to travel to visit with him on occasions.... at times i feel as though he is only using me to keep me from coming to court and he will beat his charges cause he's looking at 78 years, he always wants to know if the states attorney has contacted me and what they said, i don't know how to take him right now at this point, what should i do?

dbarkley101306

Asked by dbarkley101306 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• If your testimony is what will make or break his freedom... If he's looking at all those years in prison, it looks like he'd want to live with the woman he loves don't it.. and children
    Sounds like you're on to him, go with your feelings.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't give him any info on the attorneys, because he probably is just trying to save his own butt.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm curious, what the hell did he do that he'd be facing 78 years? At this point, it sounds as if he's much more interested in saving his own ass, and not working on your relationship. I'd ignore him, I'd say the relationship is over. But, I don't know what he did, either.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Wow, 78 years? If he did something that serious to face that much jail time, why are you still talking to him? I've never heard of someone facing 78 years unless he has several charges that are all adding up to that number. I think you really need to ask yourself why you still have contact with this man?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm with them, he is trying really hard to save his ass. I mean I would probably be doing the same thing. I personally wouldn't give him any information either about what you discuss with the attorneys.

xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 6:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i do not give him information about what me and the attorneys talk about and he claims he keeps in contact because we are expecting a baby boy in just 3 more weeks, the time he is facing is a bunch of charges combined together, i have told him time and time again the marriage is over i actually had him served with divorced papers and we are waiting on that, but he only starts contact a week or two before he has court, just like now he goes to court tomorrow and he is instant messaging me right now...what else can i do ???
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Since he went to jail because of you two, you can file for an exparte. The judge will most likely grant your wish because of the charges he's facing. The exparte will grant you relief from him being within so many feet of you, your house and he will not be allowed to contact you at all. Call your local court house to get more details.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• he's just trying to save his own ass, you've already served him with divorce papers, tell him nothing, ignore him and look forward to the birth of your son,
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009