Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


im moving in a few weeks ill be about 32 weeks pregnant and im moving to a different county and i was just wondering the easiest way to change it over to the county im moving to i could care less if its a diff dr. my dr isnt very talkative anyways.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (4)
  • call the number on the back of ur card and tell them they will help u

    Answer by josalin at 5:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

  • Are you sure you want to do this at 32 weeks? Anyway you can keep your doctor? You will have to contact Social Services in the county your in, apply for medicaid. Talk with your worker you have now. See if there is any way you can just be switched over to the other county. Or if you can keep your medicaid in the county your in now until you get it from the other county. Here in Michigan it can take up to 45 days to even be accepted for medicaid.

    Answer by mistynights234 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

  • yea i know its a pain i live in michigan im the OP. im moving like an hour away and i know when you are pregnant you have the coverage but not the card. but i think i can give birth and then pay off the bill after my medicaid kicks in

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

  • Your social worker that you have should be able to transfer everything for you. Just start looking for a new doctor now. They will give you a list of doctors accepting new patients...especially since your due in 8 weeks.

    Answer by ash1228 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.