this may sound like a stupid question...but now im curious...

so everyone knows you arent suppose to have a lot (if any) caffine while you're pregnant. however, when a pregnant woman is craving a big piece of chocolate cake or a king size snickers, nobody seems to think twice. but it just dawned on me, doesnt chocolate have caffine?? so, my question is...is chocolate okay, or not okay??

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Caffeine is fine in moderate amounts. I am thinking something like 300mg a day is acceptable during pregnancy. Yes, chocolate does have caffeine, but again, in moderation, it is ok.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sure, in moderation. Talk to your doctor.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I think it is, and I think caffeine in tea and pop is ok too IN MODERATION

Just dont overdo it.
    Anonymous

• i don't know with all my pregnancy's i have eaten and drank a lot of booth and nothing bad nor hurtful happened to me or my kids
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 5:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• LOL everyone said in moderation. lol like anyone can eat chocolate in moderation. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• milk chocolate has less caffiene. the darker the chocolate the more caffiene it has so stick to milk chocolate and you'll be fine
    Anonymous

• chocolate has very little caffine! now oppose to mountain dew that is a whole different category! I would just try to stay away from a lot of sugar or high dosages of caffine. chocolate never hurt any women and it wont hurt your baby unless you eat it all day!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• hun im 36 weeks pregnant i have 2 chocolate cakes right next to me and i been picking at it for 2 days now and yesterday i have 2 Latte's with a shot of expresso...

but the only reason why its alright for me to be doing this is because all my doctors told me to drink and eat what i want now =]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 6:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i asked my dr if it was ok to keep drinking coffee cuz im a coffee aholic and she said the big concern was that alot of women try to compensate the super tired feeling they have by trying to drink a ton of coffee and it stuns the body. so as long as youre not overdoing it then caffeen is suposedly fine. suposedly. lol.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• oh okay...that has cleared things up so much lol. =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009