Is sexual harrassment a problem?

Is it a problem when you're self employed?

prettymommyap07

Asked by prettymommyap07 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hell yeah,it's a problem.No one will sexually harass me. lol .I should file a suit
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• more info please.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely, I have experienced this myself, I was self employed a few years back as a caretaker. My job was to take care of a woman who had breast cancer and basically do all the household things she wasn't able to, as well as all assisting her with medications and bathing, and well you get the picture, anyhow her husband had sexually harassed me which I ignored for a long time, and it eventually progressed into him actually forcing himself on me, which is when I just quit, I literally walked out and never went back. I was very young at the time so I didn't know what exactly to do about it, and since his wife was suffering enough I didn't want her to find out and be hurt even more so I just left it be, part of me still wonders if I should have pursued it more.

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• As I'm self-employed and work at home, the only person who sexually harasses me is my husband. LOL!

Anonymous

• Sexual harassment is a big problem, and it is unfortunate. If you are self employed it is a problem if your employees harass one of your customers, and it is a problem for your employees if you make over a certain dollar amount. It is not applicable self employed persons that are married, divorced, or related (ew...).

Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• wts goin on?
    Anonymous

• I'm self employed and I've never had some perv ask me to take their photos naked or anything.

I think in general though it is a problem. My daughter was sexually harassed at school a few months ago to the point where the boy got expelled. Nightmare.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The only way anyone will be harassed in my office is if I sexually harass myself...um, that kinda didn't sound too good. :  )

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Depends on where you work.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You must all be very young, or very naive, or both.
    You can get sexually harrassed by the plumber, by the cable tv guy, by a client, by someone whistling at you as you walk down the street. It is epidemic in this country. Heck! it's rampant all over the world. As long as the whistler sees you as a piece of meat he'd like to screw, that's harrassment! Ever had a co-worker tell you "nice ass"? That's not a compliment. That's harrassment. That's personalizing a business transaction and not part of the deal. If you smile at the person saying that, instead of putting them on notice not to say such things to you, then you are an accomplice in your own harrassment. Wake up, ladies! Wolves in sheeps' clothing linger everywhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2009