can't get a break

my nephew is 5 years old and he will go in the bathroom and cry till his father comes to wash him up for school and besides that issue he will poop himself when he can't get his way, what can i tell my sister and my brother in law to try to do about this problem?

dbarkley101306

Asked by dbarkley101306 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sounds like a good bit of firm discipline is needed. He has figured out that if he cries and poops his pants, then his parents will come a runnin' Smart cookie, parents need to keep up. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Make him wash the poop himself. I wouldn't clean him up and I wouldn't call his parents.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 1:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• oh nooooooooooo i dont clean him up and i dont call his parents, he will run around until they smell it or he does it in school so someone has to pick him up, he did it today and is home from school
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Pray and Pray. Also tell him if he wash himself up and clean himself after using the bathroom. He will get a reward like takinghim somewhere fun.Or just tell him big boys does do that.
    Babygirl1966

Answer by Babygirl1966 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009