things that make u go hmmm....

why is it that organic foods and products are so expensive? u would think that u would have to pay more for the extra poisons sprayed all over ur food and clothing products? does anyone else think this is weird? and does anyone have the answer for this? why does it cost more to buy stuff thats natural straight out of the earth or meat that hasnt been injected with hormones and antibiotics than it is to buy the stuff that has?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dont know but u make a good point
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It would make sense that its cheaper... ages ago there was a story about it on the local news, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it but I think it said that organics require more attention while growing/raising it so you're paying for the man hours with organics vs the poisons and hormone and all that yummy stuff
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• with regular non-organic products
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I've wondered the same thing. And why does it cost so much more to eat healthy, then to eat all junk?
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yeah the organic stuff is way harder to grow. like to keep the bugs away narturally means they get a smaller crop and less of it, so they make less money unless it costs more
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Also, the measures used to create non-organic foods are used to yield greater quanitities so that a greater amount is produced in a shorter period of time. For example, by feeding livestock antibiotics a farmer can increase his productivity because the animals grow faster and are ready for slaughter/reproduction sooner thus speeding the life cycle. Simple economics are based on the supply and demand principle. There is a greater supply of non-organic goods. Thus they cost less than the organic counter parts that are in a shorter supply.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• ok so here comes another question- if more people demand organic foods and products- so u think that more companies would make the switch thus causing a greater supply which in turn would make organic stuff cheaper?
    Anonymous

• While organic food is great and all....for years people (like myself) have been eating good ole processed food. And I'm fine as are many others. I don't spend the extra $$ on organic myself, even though I could. I'm still alive.
    Anonymous