• In the Spotlight:

I was a stay at home mom up until yesterday. I got a job. Any advise on how to jugle a new job, the kids and housework??

SharmaneBurrell

Asked by SharmaneBurrell at 6:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Sit down and make a schedule and stick to it! IT will get easier with time!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Remember that the laundry and dishes will wait but your kids won't! I know sometimes I forget that and get so caught up in trying to keep the house clean that I don't spend the time I should with my kids. They grow up way too fast!

I agree with Sabrina.. make a schedule... it may take a few tries before you get it where it needs to be to suit your needs. Don't forget to schedule in time for you to relax a bit too.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• A schedule or a routine is key. Everyone pitching in is also key.

And realizing that making the cover of House Beautiful is not a priority goes a long way! **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 8:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I've had my job for seven years work all day in the cold standing on my feet (one foot hurts constantly because of two operations on it ) I have 4 kids and the three oldest ones have their chores they are suposed to do everyday but sometimes they have to much homework so I let it slide. I come home cook, help with homework and am worn out so as long as the front rooms and the guest bathroom look ok the laundry and dusting and all that good stuff waits for the weekend because I dont have enough time in a day to get it all done
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Get things ready for the kids the night before. Every night I make lunch, and set out clothes for me and my son. In the morning, it goes smooth. I still cook, but I plan the meals out; lots of crock pot meals. I only get to really clean on Saturdays.
    Anonymous

• Well, when I was working. I would do the laundery on the weekends. I would do dishes at night, the rest of the house I just let it go.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 11:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Congratulations on the new job! It's so hard to find a job these days.

I agree with Anonymous. Get things ready the night before.

When you get home, do what NEEDS to be done, like dinner, cleaning up the dining table after dinner, washing dishes, getting the kids ready for bed, packing lunch for the next day, relaxing. If laundry can wait, do it on the weekends. Vacuum and dust and mop the floor on the weekend. Things that don't need to be done on a weeknight can wait unti the weekend.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 12:06 AM on Mar. 25, 2009