80's and 90's fashion

So I was looking at some old family pics and the fashion there had me cracking up! Like the huge bangs, or the heavy blue eyeshadow, or even the lip liner outside the lip line!! How about u? What fashions make u go... eeek!?! Lol!

VeroHi

Asked by VeroHi at 6:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think whats hilarious is that men used to wear tiny shorts and women wore baggy oversized shorts. and now it's opposite, men wear shorts that are half pants and women wear shorts that are barely there. also, the style for women back then was high pants and short shirts, and now it's the opposite, low rise pants and long shirts. i think the low rise pants look so much better (as long as u have the body for it. i have a belly pudge so i dont wear super low pants but i still would never wear pants above my belly button) the feathered bangs were also hilarious and just perms in general make me laugh
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• ohhhh god i had the big bangs lol. every time i see a picture i cringe and think what was i thinking. the poor ozone. my make up wasent bad just the bangs.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Haha! I wore ugly plaid flannel button down shirts left open over weird t-shirts. I also wore gigantic Jnco jeans... It looks so silly. I don't know if it looked any cooler back then. I was sooo grunge that I didn't care. LOL!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• The shoulder pads!
    Anonymous

• I had the big hair ,OMG Can of Aqua Net a week. MC Hammer pants,the boys thought they were so cool.We wore the collars up on our polos ( alligator shirts) lol. I even wore leg warmers like Olivia Newton John I graduated in 1985 ( i am so old) lol Thanks for the memories.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• haha, tight rolled pants, pants with the little zippers and bows in the back. Oversized shirts tied on the side. Hair scrunchies and banana clips. :) haha
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• they still sell the banana clips,if ya want me to buy ya one lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Late 80's, I was totally into spandex. And big, teased hair. The I went through the grunge phase of flannel and ripped jeans in the early 90's.
    Anonymous

• I loved banana clips!! They looked so good with my perm! How about the Flashdance shirts? I had one with a glittery cat on it. And combs in the back pocket.... the bigger the better. (Mine was orange with Ziggy on it)
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 6:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I soooo rocked the big bangs! And I gotta give it up for the 'Seattle grunge look" (shorts with a long sleeved plaid/flannel shirt and combat boots) that i wore constantly as my retaliation against "the man" LOL
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009