Would the sonogram doctor notify me of any abnormalities

I had a level 2 ultrasound yesturday and the technician entered the info in the computer after the scan. I noticed she clicked "suboptimal" on some things (i didn't see what) and she also noted "suspected fetal abn". I didn't ask her about it because i knew the main doctor would be in like usual after each scan. When he came in, he said everything is fine and gave me my appnt in the next 3 weeks, like usual. So i told him i saw her write that and he still said everything was ok and showed me a chart showing me the baby was growing on track.

Would he have told me of anything they saw abnormal or would he just tell me everthing is fine and send my OB the report and have her tell me?

I go to the OB tomorrow, so i will ask her. im just very nervous.

ash1228

Asked by ash1228 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes they can't tell you, but they would have sent in a doctor. When she entered information such as "suspected fetal abn" It may have been to note that there were none. Like on a growth and weight chart where there is a classification range and they add the number for where you fit into that chart. If there were something wrong they would have told you.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would assume that they would have at least informed you that there may be a slight problem. They may not be detailed for fear that they will get you worked up but I cannot see them completely keeping the info from you. I guess it really depends on the tech and the main doctor but I truly believe they would have said something. Good luck! You will feel better when you speak with your OB.
    javila

Answer by javila at 6:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• No they will not. A doctor has to look at it first. Your doctor will tell you anything that you need to know. The person doing the ultrasound is usually not a doctor, they are ultrasound techs or radiology techs and not qualified to tell you if something is wrong, they may have their thoughts but it is up to a doctor to tell you after looking at the ultrasound.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Ya i agree with everyone else i think that your doctor has to look at those results.
    2009mommytobe

Answer by 2009mommytobe at 7:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Sometimes they just can't tell you ANYTHING. Like with my U/S today, the hospital I was sent to for it has a lot of strict policies, to the point where they pointed to the sack & the baby & gave me a picture...they said everything other than that my doctor has to tell me (they couldn't even do a heartbeat for me to hear, just in case they cant find it this early & i freak out or something). They also have a policy where I went that my husband can't come with me until the 2nd trimester due to something or other...IDK all I know is that I was pissed...until I got my picture that is...lol anyways, your doctor should tell you everything when you see them & you can ask them all your questions then. =) GOOD LUCK!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2009