birthday party for a 5 year old at a park

I receive food stamps so not worried about the food just the entertainment I have to have it at a park because it will be more space available but she had a party at a park last year I know she dose not care I really wanted to get a jumper for her but at the parks you have to pay to reserve the park and extra for the jumper because its at a park so I don't know what else I can do as far as entertainment last year my mother helped me out where we had games and prizes but she past away so its just me and friend planing our children's birthday party but don't know what to do for entertainment that is inexpensive and fun or any fun party ideas.

T.S.E.P

Asked by T.S.E.P at 6:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Google "Children's Party Games" and will you will get a lot of ideas.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• A friend of mine did her son's party at the park and just had bubbles, balloons, water guns, frisbee and did some relay races and stuff like that. You don't have to do anything fancy to make it fun.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• 5 year olds can self entertain! Seriously! We have had parties at the park, it was hard to round up all the kids for the planned games and then we couldn't keep their attention because they wanted to get back to the swings and slides. They chased each other around and played their own made up games. As far as inflatables at the park goes, you wouldn't be able to keep the other kids at the park off of them.....bad idea.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009