Sharp pains

Help! Today when I came home from work I felt sharp pains in my stomach, and I feel like I have the stomach flu. I am 6wk/6 days today. I am at high risk of a miscarriage. (My doctor has me on medication/vitamins to help my risk) should I see my doctor? I am still having the pains. Everything has been going great just not now. also a coworker told me i am probably just having normal pregnancy pains.

kylesboo

Asked by kylesboo at 6:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• High risk - you should call. In the mean time don't panic. Stress is hard on the baby...and you. Whenever you are getting pain lay down and relax. Read or listen to music that calms you. Keep your stress levels low...as low as you can anyway. It could be a stomach virus or normal pains, so don't worry. Just call the doc to make sure and reassure yourself.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• call your doctor since you are high risk, call soon
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 6:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• It sounds like what I went through at around the same time, I would have random bursts of sharp pains. It is most likely just ligament pain. Call your doctor just to be sure, there should always be a doctor on call and if you have to, say it's an emergency and leave a message and they will get right back to you.

Meanwhile, this is what my doc told me to do...
    Try lying down on your left side and make sure you drink a lot of water. Sometimes when you get dehydrated it can cause some pain. Just relax and don't think about it. As long as you are not bleeding you will be fine.

If you should start to bleed and I mean really bleed, like red RED blood then go to the ER. But remember that sometimes people can have spotting during pregnancy, from 6-9 weeks i had a brownish pinkish discharge and it had me worried sick, just stay calm, only time to worry is the bright red period flow.
    javila

Answer by javila at 6:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree with your co worker. But if you start spot bleeding at all-you need to see your doctor ASAP.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009