How do you feel about global currency?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iq0w8gfYbSeVMfgF_GdId1RS947AD974LDE80

Do you feel it would be a good thing for our country, or would it hurt us in the long run, making it easier for China to take advantage of us when we are already vulnerable?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 6:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• China currently holds around $1,200,000,000,000.00 American Dollars. They have concerns about the value of our dollar dropping. Who doesn't. We are making ourselves more and more financially vulnerable. That is concerning. Global Currency is a bad idea for the United States, but a good idea for other nations who want to watch our economy spiral downward.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It's coming regardless of how I feel about it.

Giving up our sovereignty more each day....
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would NEVER go with ANY suggestion that China made! LOL
    This would devalue our dollar even further, why is this supposed to be a good idea. I'm hoping they don't try and force our hand based on how much MONEY we OWE them! That could turn REAL ugly REAL fast!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• This is bigger than just China, and Timeless is right there is no stopping it, it was prophesized long ago.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 6:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I saw that China wants the Global Currency to replace the dollar used as the main value of other countries currency because the dollar is of little value now and we are not good for our debts. I see this as a sign for us to wake up and stop spending so much money we don't have. I saw on C-Span today that even some of the reps are starting to rethink all of the spending while we the people are curbing and cutting spending to a bare minimum
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I am against it completely. I think that we can accept or reject anything that is out there that doesn't have our country's best interest at heart. Just because Europe does it doesn't mean it is right for us. Sweden doesn't use the Euro. They felt it made them too dependent on the rest of the continent and vulnerable to become weakened by the loss of their own monitary system. We have to use our heads as a collective group and lead - not follow on many issues. This is one of them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm not too proud to admit that discussions regarding currency is a little out of my league.

But, with my simplest grasp of the situation, NO, I don't think this would be in America's best intrest in the long run.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• No, I'm not in favor of this at all. We need to reign in our own spending and get our own economy back under control, and stop looking to China for help.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I think H to the ELL no.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I agree with "Praying". I hate the idea but unfortunately it will happen. Once it does, it will all go downhill from there...
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 9:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2009