Question for moms who don't vaccinate...not a debate, I promise!

I just had a baby and its been a while since I had to make a decision about vaccinating. To be honest, when I had my oldest vaccinated I thought it was just something you "had to do" and that there were only a handful of "out there" people that didn't. Now I see there is so much information available about the dangers of vaccinating and that it was far more common not to vaccinate than I thought.

Anyway, my daughter got her first vaccinations today and I had second thoughts about doing it then...all I could think about were the chemicals...and tonight my baby is either bawling hysterically or knocked out...no in between. So I want to know more about not vaccinating.

Please share anything you think is helpful, but I would really like to know what made you decide not to and what do you do about getting your kids into school? Do they require vaccines still?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you like the idea of vaccines, and don't want to forgo all of them, then you can always do a delayed schedule and pick and choose which vaccines to get.

The Vaccine Book, by dr. Sears is a great book.

A shot in the dark, by H. Coulter is also a good book.

Otherwise I got a lot of my info from the CDC, and just research the diseases, the vaccine ingrediants, etc.

We don't do any vaccines at all.. but many of the ones that they have avaliable are not even necessary or have been studied enough (hep a for instance)

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I don't have any answers to this, but wanted to say that its a very interesting question. I felt the same way you did when I recently took my daughter in for her 2 month shots. She was okay after the shots, but I wondered if I had done something bad. I can't wait to see the responses to your post.
    actress

Answer by actress at 6:51 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Educate Before You Vaccinate is a group on cfmoms. Im in and that is where I learned about all the if's ands and buts' to your questions. I had my 5 yrs all done because being a first time mom, that is what you are to do and told to do. We learn with each one. Well my second she was half done, my THiRD NONE. And proud of my choices, although you get harrassed every doc you take them to or anyone you talk to. But join that group, and you will get info on all, none, or selecting shots. GOOD LUCK
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 7:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• http://vaccineinfo.net/resources/sites/index.shtml , http://www.novaccine.com/vaccine-ingredients/

http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm , http://www.vaclib.org/exemption.htm

Finally: be SURE to read this post of mine. It is long, but well worth the read. There are documented links at the end. 

PM me if you ever wanna talk or have questions.

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My first one was fully vax'd and was harmed by her 12 mos shots. ATT, the doctor's ASSURED me it wasn't, but now, I know the truth. She has epilepsy, bi-polar, major depressive disorder, severe anxiety & borderline personality disorder. My 2nd was partially vaxed and thank God she's ok. My 3rd had two sets. At her 6 mo check up she had just been very sick with the flu the week before. She lost a couple of pounds and we were just getting back to her not throwing up after nursing her (exclusively). The dr said that she was SO SEVERELY UNDERWEIGHT (12.5 #'s) at 6 mos that she HAD to report me to CPS when I refused to supplement w/ formula. cont'd
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Then, the dr began to get the nurse to give my baby her shots. I said no, I wasn't going to be doing that today - she's just getting over the flu. The dr told me oh, no - she's just fine. She's healthy and the shots are ok. Mind you - my oldest already has epilepsy and this baby's bio dad had epilepsy. I asked the dr to see the pkg insert for the vax's they were going to give her. They refused. The dr knew what I was getting at. Knowing my baby's family history; she knew that I must know about the warning clearly marked at the bottom of the insert: "DO NOT ADMINISTER TO ANY PATIENTS WITH SEIZURE DISORDERS OR IMMEDIATE FAMILY WITH SEIZURE DISORDERS."
    Babylove76

• Hmmm, the dr called CPS and kicked me out of her office. CPS called me every single day for the next week or two. I finally told the CPS agent that I am caring for my infant properly and that if she called again I would be filing harassment charges against her and getting a restraining order. She didn't call me again.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have never ever had a problem with getting my kids in daycare or school. Each and every state has waiver forms to fill out. You can download it from online, fill it out and turn it in with registration papers. No one ever says a thing to me. I always claim religious reasons b/c I don't feel that God condones poisoning our children. I also claim personal convictions. While I am pro-choice, MY choice is to not have an abortion and there are aborted fetal diploids in all vax's - therefor financially supporting abortions.
    Babylove76