6 month old with skin problems

My 6 month old has red bumpy cheeks and dry spots on her forehead, side and back of her head. She is teething and she chews on her hand all day long and her hand looks like her cheeks. Her pediatrician recommended eucerin for her cheeks as a barrier and that isn't working. Her skin problems seem like they are really bothering her because she claws at her face. We have tried hydrocortisone cream too and nothing seems to help it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

momof2girlz33

Asked by momof2girlz33 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would be careful with the hydocortisone b/c if she's scratching then she might put her fingers in her mouth. My DD had this on her body for a couple months and the doc suggested it was just b/c it was cold out. Is what she is sleeping on washed in something for sensitive skin?? If she has pjs on then it's only her face touching. sometimes I would notice when my DD would take a nap on my DH he wouldn't put a baby blanket washed in her stuff and she would break out the next day. Other than that, if nothing helps she might need to see a dermatologist. Good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2009