side by side or tadem stroller

i am having twins and i want to know if you would buy the side by side double stroller or the tandem. i don’t want to the tandem because i want them to be able to see out when they get older and we go to the zoo and other places. i don’t want the side by side because they are wide and i am not sure they will fit down the aisles at the grocery store and threw doors and does the car seats snap into them.. what is your opinions?

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 6:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some tandem strollers like i have the farthest seat can turn around.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My BIL has twins. He has a Snap and Go for both carseats, which is tandem and great because it's just a frame and is really light and not heavy when pushing it. He has a side by side stroller for when his babies are toddlers and they can interact with each other. It fits through doors. I would assume all side by side strollers can fit through doors because if not, they would be going out of business! I don't know about grocery aisles though. I think my BIL's side by side stoller is called City Joggers. It folds pretty small so I'm sure it can fit into a sedan (he has a van).

I have a tandem double stroller. I have a Baby Trend Sit N Stand. It's heavy to push around. Sometimes I take my children (I don't have twins. I have a toddler and a newborn) for a walk and my arms get tired from pushing the stroller. It's also long and doesn't fit into my sedan. My husband and I are trying to get a van.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 8:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I would recommend a tandem stroller. They do make stadium seating style strollers so that the child in the back has a better view. I personally have a Graco tandem for my twins. The car seats snapped in very nice when they were small. Now the baby in the back doesn't have the greatest view but he can see just fine.
    The reasons I recommend a tandem over a side by side is because:
    1. the car seats snap in
    2. they fold up nice (at least mine does)
    3. sometimes I can barely get down aisles in some stores with the tandem, I would have to leave the kids in a main aisle just to get in, and I wouldn't do that
    4. I've heard that side by sides don't turn well
    Hope this helps some.
    lilblufyrfly

Answer by lilblufyrfly at 12:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009