side by side or tandem stroller

i am having twins and i want to know if you would buy the side by side double stroller or the tandem. i don’t want to the tandem because i want them to be able to see out when they get older and we go to the zoo and other places. i don’t want the side by side because they are wide and i am not sure they will fit down the aisles at the grocery store and threw doors and does the car seats snap into them.. what is your opinions?

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 6:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Shopping

• I have had both, and I have to say the side by sides really stink. they can fit through doors that are handicapped acces. but you can't believe how many doors aren't. And it's hard to find a side by side that aren't joggers. If you are a jogger, buy one, they are great for that, but if you want to use a jogger for everyday use...forget it. The tandem that I had moved great, and one seat was higher than the other. Also, they will be able to see-trust me. Also, the tandem ones, I noticed, are great for kids who like to play. There were trays, with cup holders, and they could sit straight up, or lay down, and my side by side ones didn't have any of that. It was reclined, and laying down. My kids hated it. They wanted to sit up! And they could only look forward, not side to side. oddly, peole don't like getting out of the way when you have a sxs. But a tandem strol. is nice for slipping through a crowd.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 10:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Most side by side models fit through normal doorways (barely..lol) I personally have a tandem stroller. But its work too...almost like drving a SUV! LOL...They don't have any problems seeing out when we go places, and I routinely switch them in the seats so that they can be in front and back equally. I don't think the side by side models come with the ability to latch the car seat onto them? But I could be wrong....And I have also seen models where you can switch one of the seats around and the babies/kids can face each other in the stroller....

My biggest piece of advice is to definitly spend the money on a good stroller! And do your research! Wether its side by side or tandem, if you get the cheaper models they are hard to steer and can be bulky with no room for storage.

Congrats!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2009