• In the Spotlight:

Did I do the right thing?

I "worked" at Burger King up until now. I was only being scheduled 9 hours a week with pay of only $6.75 an hour. Well, what happened was I had a scholarship interview for my college education I have been working on for 4 years and they kept trying to get me to stay late. I told him "No, I cannot do it. I have an interview for something very important." Then he goes on and says "This is important and you can't go." I told him "I have to, my 4 years of education under my belt was waaaay more important than some $6.75 an hour job." I talked to my friend about it and she said I did the wrong thing and that I NEED to make money. I don't NEED to, I want to. But no one understand me going to school and I hate it. I have very little support. The only people who support this is my family and SO.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• And to top it off, the manager told me to not come back anymore....*sigh*
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• YES you did do the right thing. I admire you for your decsion. Yes you may be in need of money right now but yur education is going to help you get a better job earning soooo much money!!!
    Anonymous

• Ultimately an college education will result in a much better job. I would double check if he can fire you for refusing to stay late. I believe you can not be obligated therefore it is not a fireable offense.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 6:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• u did the rite thing
    he lucky it wasn't me cuz i wud b prankin that burger king 24/7 lol
    lanlan

Answer by lanlan at 6:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• yes, u did tyhe right thing...education is very important..screw them.
    cheyharleypix

Answer by cheyharleypix at 7:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You mean you don't aspire to be the manager of a fast food restaurant by age 40? Of course you did the right thing!!!!!!!!!
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 1:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2009