Are you allowed to dye your hair in your first trimester?

I wanted to dye my hair back to its original so I dont look like a bum.

littlemommy07

Asked by littlemommy07 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wait until after 12 weeks..then u should be fine and try not to sniff the amonia...ive dyed my hair like 24732897 times..but ONLY after the first 12 weeks..=P
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 7:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• no its not but i did befor i knew that , the chemicals from the hair dye get into your roots wich are connected to the blood vessels in your head , so it gets in your blood stream and can potentoinally hurt the baby good luck though
    SarahRandall

Answer by SarahRandall at 7:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• You can dye your hair. They have the ammonia free dyes too. The reason they say to wait to dye your hair is because of the hormones in your body could make the hair dye do weird things to your hair. For me, I didn't know I was pregnant, I got my hair dyed and when I washed it for the first time ALL of the dye washed out, due to my hormones, the dye didn't stick. Some women have reported that the dye caused a color that they were not looking to get and for some there's no abnormal effect. But, it would be worth at least using the ammonia-free hair dyes, even after the first trimester.
    Anonymous

• It's a myth that you can't dye your hair while pregnant, the worst thing that can happen is that the color won't turn out right. So I suggest going to a pro.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2009