To moms of this generation...

Meaning moms between teens and 25. What do you feel we get insulted for most? If you don't get insulted you are lucky.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• i am 21 with three kids. i had my youngest at 16 and i did finish high school. but people always assume that i dropped out and that i was not mature enough to raise my own kids. i have heard that "people like me" should have thought before they acted.and people ALWAYS ask where the father is (ummm at work, making money so we have a place to live etc) im pretty sure they would not ask someone in their 30s where the father is. i have probably heard just about everything but i learned to just let it slide. i know i am a good mom and wife (married young too! at 17), my kids are healthy, happy, and smart.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Um.. Just because I am not under 25 does not mean I am not a mom of this generation. Thank you very much. And I think you are trying to stir the pot. Like I said before, most of us were moms by that age anyway.. So, grow up and stop wasting your time with this stuff. I've seen moms as young as 15. So, anyone that has a period can become a mom, OKAY?!
    Anonymous

• I am 24.

My coworkers ( older women ages 45+) always act like I have no idea how to cook. I have even been told by one coworker that one woman actually told her I don't know how...I was a cook at a restaurant between ages 18-20. She just assumed but had no clue and I actually don't know why they care!

My granny IL thinks everything I do as a mother is wrong because it is not the way SHE raised her kids.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Anon could you be anymore of a jackass?
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• 18

im insulted because i dont know how to take care of my two month old.too young!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first post, but I think she was a little angry about it. I'm a young mom, but I was a legal adult when I got pregnant(18). I think anyone who has a child or children at a young age get insulted for really stupid things, like we're too young to know how to raise a child, as if they ALL KNOW how we were raised. I was washing my own clothes at 8 years old and would clean the whole house (including all my brothers rooms) from age 9-17 so I know how to take care of myself, so I know how to take care of my OWN children. I don't think it's anyone's business to judge, but again I don't feel teen moms are capable of being good moms if they are still partying but I guess that goes for any mom right?! So anyways it doesn't matter your age, every MOM gets sh** from people! Just ignore it!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 7:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Anon I'm asking moms of this generation being not the baby boomer or flower child gen. Because we have diff concerns and get hit in diff areas. I am not trying to stir the pot so you should grow up. This was not addressed to you, and I swear your are the same anon in all my post. If that's true stop stalking me you effing psycho.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Well I will be 26 tomorrow so I will answer quick...lol. I hate when people think I am out partying all the time. Seriously I became a mom at the age of 18, and I didnt enter a bar untill my 23rd b-day because I just had no need to, I dont party and I have been in only one once since then for a friends birthday. I love having my kids and a big family, and really dont likeit when they are away from me. I didnt have a night alone with my husband untill they were over the age of 2, and started staying the night with grandma. I really dont run away from them every weekend just because I am a young mom.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I was 20 when I got preg & I never got 'insulted' by anyone about my age. I got it for my marital status (which was single) I was raised in the church of christ and ppl knew I'd be a good mom they were 'disappointed' in me for not being married though. I actually got a lot of support...
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 7:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm 25 and I guess I have been criticized for everything that I do that wasn't the norm...for example, my mother just read me an article about how you don't get enough sleep when you co-sleep. My grandmother doesn't "believe" in pacifiers despite information about helping prevent SIDS. She has even told me "My kids never had a pacifier and none of them ever had SIDS"...thanks grandma. My family actually encourages me to stop breastfeeding because my 2 month old is "too old" now...and today I had some serious doubts about whether or not I should vaccinate my 2 month old, having learned a little more than when I started vaccinating my 3 year old...oh lord...you should have heard them go off!!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009