Transverse baby position

I had my checkup today (I'm 27 weeks) and my midwife told me that the baby is laying in my uterus "like a hammock"... basically transverse... his head is toward my right side and butt/feet are toward the left...

Does anyone know what way their babies are laying? And for second (third, fourth, etc) time moms, if your baby was laying transverse, did the baby eventually move to being head down, approximately when did the baby move, and did you deliver C-sec or vag? I was just curious how often transverse babies end up that way, and if they do move to the right position eventually.

Amanda_Jeanne

Asked by Amanda_Jeanne at 7:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You still have plenty of time for the baby to turn...don't fret :)
    jmsmrs

Answer by jmsmrs at 7:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Go to spinning babies.com , I recomend that site alot and so far everyone has liked it. Lots of tips to turn a baby head down. I have had clients that have turned as late as 36 weeks from transverse, but the earlier the baby turns the less stresed you will be. Good luck and I have never personally had a baby like that, but it is comon, and can be remedied.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my son was like that the WHOL,E pregnancy, I ended up needing a c section. good luck!
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my dr said that one is transverse and one is head down but not to be worried because they still turn alot. i am 17 weeks
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 7:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Well my son was like this, but I dont think I count since I had emergency c section at 36 weeks due to complications with preelcampsia lol

c sections are not that bad and the baby has time to turn
    Rose87

Answer by Rose87 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• When I had my ultrasound at 24 weeks the baby was showing t o be completely head up. I'm not sure what thats called, maybe footling breech.I'm not going to worry about it until I see the obgyn that my midwife works with again.I'm hoping the baby will have turned into position by that time.My other kids were head down.
    zackaroosmom

Answer by zackaroosmom at 11:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2009