Is this true about cloth diapers? I think it sounds untrue, but I'm not sure.

A friend of mine earlier told me that I should be careful about who finds out that I'm cloth diapering my dd because DSS claims cloth diapering as child abuse now, by saying that it is "unsanitary," and they may try to take my dd if they were to find out about us CDing her. I think it's bull crap, but I was wondering if anyone knows if there's any truth to it. Thanks!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's crap. I have heard of it being used to add to an investigation though. I had a frined who was already in trouble and to make it sound better they added something about a pail full of pee and poopy diapers(but they made it sound horrible!). If DSS is after you they will literally use anything they can find. They could have said the same thing about a disposible diaper pail and made it sound just as bad.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• sounds like crap to me but I don't CD so I don't know.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Um no. You''ve been had.
    Anonymous

• It's bull shit. What happens if a child is allergic to disposable diapers? As long as you wash them properly or have a diaper service its fine.
    Mommyo20305

Answer by Mommyo20305 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Momma, as long as your changing your baby and not leaving them in soiled diapers, be they cloth or other CPS has better things to do then be diaper police.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Someone is really pulling your leg!!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• No that is not true. Trust your gut and remind your friend to not believe everything she (kinda) hears. :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Yeah that's what I thought lol. I figured that she heard about it from someone who was already under investigation or something and they made it sound like CD was the reason they were being investigated. I know that they'll use anything if they are investigating you, I've seen it happen to people. Thanks ladies!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• That is a really cruel argeument against cloth diapers. Sooo untrue.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 8:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Wow, that's totally crazy someone would even think that.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2009