whens is the best time to take a pregnacy test

i was on the depo for about 2years i finally came off in november and i started spotting end of feb which lasted 8days acording to whenit finished i am 3days over due for my period but i know that because of the depo my cycle is all over the place i did a test last night and it was neg but on the box it says early detection 1 day after missed period so does this mean im not or was it to early

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Probaly negative hon. My Dr said I was an extreem case, but Iafter I got off of it I was charting my cycles and I didnt ovulate for almost a year later. Only had bleeding 3 times and never for more than a few days. But while I was on the shot I bled more often than not. I hate depo. IMO, thats the worst bc to try to concieve after taking. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Well, your cycle begins with the first day of your period, not the last day of your period. So you are probably way over due on your period. But you said that you were on Depo for two years and Depo does screw up your cycles, even after you are off it. Just give it time. If you still feel the need to test, then do it in the morning. Morning urine contains higher amounts of Hcg.

Anonymous

• Can I get pregnant after I stop using Depo-Provera?
    Yes, you can. If you decide to become pregnant, the first step is to stop receiving doses. After the effect of the last dose of Depo-Provera had diminished, 83% of women got pregnant at some point within a year. This number is similar for women who did not use any form of birth control. Eighty-five percent of women who did not use birth control conceived within a year.

So, when you stop using Depo-Provera, you will return to your underlying level of fertility. But if your goal is to become pregnant within the next year, Depo-Provera is not recommended. Being able to get pregnant after using Depo-Provera has nothing to do with how many shots you've had. Whether you've had 1 dose or 20, it's the same. For some women it takes more time. And for other women, it happens faster. (http://www.depoprovera.com/vc-prospect-user.aspx#7)
    Anonymous

• The book Contraceptive Technology says: "It is not possible to discontinue Depo Provera immediately. Weight gain, depression, breast tenderness, allergic reactions, and menstrual irregularities may continue until Depo Provera is cleared from a woman's body, about 6 to 8 months after her last injection. After discontinuing Depo Provera, women may also have a 6 to 12 month delay in return of fertility." (http://www.birth-control-comparison.info/bcdepo.htm)
    Anonymous

• Lets see. I was on birthcontrol for 5 years and got off of it in march of 2007. My periods were irregular afterwards and I too took a pregnancy test right before my wedding in July 2007. My last period was in June. It came back negative so I figured my period would just be late. When I still hadn't had a period in August I tested again and it immediatley popped positive. When I went into the doctor about a week later he told me that I was 5 weeks and 6 days along and that was about the earliest they could confirm a pregnancy. So my advice would be to wait til your period is a month late and test. It will tend to be more accurate.
    KJsMomma2009

Answer by KJsMomma2009 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2009