Wondering if anybody knows how to decorate all types of cakes?

I'm trying to start my own little business of decoratting cakes of all types. Theres no schooling around here to do class for it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

chadswife74

Asked by chadswife74 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Have you looked at the Wilton website. They always have lots of ideas. If you want a business training is really the best idea. If not in a school or classes have you thought about talking to your local bakery? Offer free work hours for lessons.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Michaels art stores offfer cake decorating classes for like $30 for 4 maybe 6 classes. couple of hours each. THey look good, i haven't been able to take them yet, can't schedule work, class and babysitter. I will. I do cakes for my kids and nieces and nephews birthdays, just love it.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 7:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Most Hobby Lobby stores offer the classes in their stores, and they are very reasonable.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I'm with you on Wilton's website. There are thousands of tips and different cakes with specific instructions you can practice at home. Any of the Wilton books have basic decorating directions in them as well.
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009