When did your child loose thier first tooth?

My son lost his first tooth a couple of weeks ago and just lost another one last night. His permanent teeth for the two were already coming out behind his baby teeth.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • Mine starting loosing his at about 6 yo. His first few came out before the new one came up, but he has one now that is coming up behind another, I asked his dentist and he said that sometimes it is a sign that maybe they will need braces at a later age, but not certain yet.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My son was 5 1/2 when he lost his first tooth biting into a candy apple at a fair 2 weeks before kindergarten! He lost most of them when the permanent tooth was already up behind them and while the dentist said he may end up needing braces they all straightened out once all the baby teeth fell out. Most of the reason his permanent were coming in was that he was a big wimp and would NOT wiggle them! The poor "big" teeth had to shove their way in!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My oldest lost her first one at like 6 years, 2 months.
    My son lost his first tooth a month before he turned 6. He pulled it out because I noticed his adult tooth was already half in. I told him to wiggle it so it would fall out faster. He had it out by that night.
    My middle daughter lost her first tooth at 5 1/2. She's almost 6 1/2 now (not even a full year later) and has lost 5 teeth. She currently has 3 missing teeth.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My son is 6 1/2 and has not lost a tooth yet. His teeth came in at a year so I am not shocked he is losing them late. His dentist said this is a good thing.
    Anonymous

• He is 7 and has only lost his two bottom teeth, at the age of 7. His two top front teeth are loose and we're anxiously awaiting their "departure" :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My son will be 5 this summer and has been talking and pretending his teeth being loose. lol Why is he in such a hurry to grow up?!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• My son lost his early...as soon as he turned 5 he lost the two bottom ones..they grew back immediately. He'll be 6 next month and lost a top one a few weeks ago and the next top one is about to fall out...literally hanging out of his gums. lol
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 9:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My 8 yr old lost his first one at 3!! Man I FREAKED!!! lol, I called the dentist and he told me that is was normal. I thought maybe he had hurt himself for it to come out.
    loving_mom7

Answer by loving_mom7 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2009