A WOMAN WITH A HERNIA! HELP

I have a hernia and it is interfering with my sex life. Everytime I want to have an orgasm I can't follow through because it pops out and its real painful. I believe I need surgery. But I'm wondering.... Is it possible it was caused by orgasms? Or intercourse? I Have a doc appt Thursday! After..if needed and I'm sure I will, the surgery, is it still gonna interfere with my sex life. Is it a dangerous operation for a woman? Will it lead to a possible hysterectomy? Or any other female problems? We have so much down there!

sentimentallady

Asked by sentimentallady at 7:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Health

• No I don't think it's caused by those things. It's typical of women who have had multiple births or carry a lot of weight around their waist...even police officers because of their belt. Check out WebMD.com.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• my hernia was caused by giving birth the first time with my son. its not painful. but no it can not be caused by orgasms, a hernia is a split in the muscles so most likely you got it lifting something heavy or childbirth as well. mine will be a tiny outpatient surgery. its a laproscopic surgery too so it is an extremely tiny incision. it will not be so bad that you will have anything taken out.
    heres an article. good luck..hope i helped.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/hernia/article.htm
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2009