depressed??

well it seems to me that im always sad or have something to complain about. I have a two month old. Im 18 and living w ith my bf and his parents and one other brother of his. We have been together 3 years. I really want my own place with my own stuff [[furniture, bathroom, decorations..etc]] I just want my own PRIVACY and the chance to decorate my home, be comfortable. be naked if i want to.. [[lol]] but he dosent want to he is stuck with his parents sayin that he is the one that wants to take care of them cuz none of his other 5 sibilings will. His mother is a PACKRAT!!! A dirty old lady that i do appreciate at times but i really hate the mess that she brought up her kids in. My bf grew up in a messy cluttered home so he's used to it.. BUT im not!! im not the cleanest person in the world but i jst get overwhelmed at times. I have to say that i dont invite people to my house because im ashamed to do it. i need help!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If you have the resources, i.e. money and jobs then you should move out. If his parents don't have mental disorders and CAN take care of themselves they need to. You and your b/f now have a child to take care of. He doesn't need to be taking car eof his parents too. If you don't have enough resources to move out on your own I'd stay where you are. I had my son almost 17 months ago and until May I will still be living with my parents. It's the best I can do right now.
    elizabeth.mary

Answer by elizabeth.mary at 7:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I lived with my parents for 2 yrs. after I had my son. Living with my mom I can relate, she's a packrat also and it wasn't horrible, but the condition she kept her house in drove me mad. She got so mad all these times she'd leave and come home and I had cleaned the house from inside out because I'd moved some of her stuff around... lol... she organizes her stuff in piles she leaves where ever...
    Maybe because you are still so young it's hard for you to know what to expect, or what you deserve in a relationship. You guys are in a tough situation. Well, no matter what the reason is, if it's not the best for you and your baby and is causing problems, your bf should put you first and want to change that. You have every damn right and it's COMPLETELY normal to want your own space!!! You need it! Work towards independence but keep in mind if you really need to get out, you might be able to find some help / assistance also!
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 12:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I don't think that you are depressed I think you are fed up. You do need your own place. His parents will take care of themselves. He should think about you and the baby. If he wants to be able to check on his parents then you guys can move somewhere nearby. He can still check on his parents and take care of his new family at the same time. You need it, the baby needs it, and little does he know he needs it too. I know how you feel. If you guys don't have much money you can get helps.
    tonya212288

Answer by tonya212288 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Id be thrilled that my husband is so honorable as to take care of his parents. Why don't you just clean up? May you cant get rid of her stuff but I'm sure you could make it all look better. Im a clean freak so i totally understand the filth thing. As far as decorating well you have your entire life for that.
    meganiph

Answer by meganiph at 7:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009