Am I too old to be here?

I'm only 27, but it seems like many women on this site act like immature teenagers. Is this a sign of old age? Am I just not young enough to be a mom anymore, lol?

*Note that I said immature teenagers, not just any teenager. I'm not bashing teenagers because I know there are some that are plenty mature.

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I feel the same way and I'm 30! I can always tell when the "kids" are playing on CM, so I go somewhere else till they go to sleep. lol
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• heck im 21 and i feel like im too old to be here. this use to be a fun site.... but then some women started acting like they had nothing better to do than to be mean and try to stir up trouble. its not as much fun as it was :(
    Anonymous

• LOL. I wonder the same thing myself sometimes.

Just the fact you had to post a disclaimer making sure people knew you weren't bashing ALL teen moms says a lot.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• lol... i am only almost 21 and i know what you mean... i guess the only real thing to do is just ignore them and pretend they are not there, if they don't get the attention they are seeking maybe they will go away...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• lol im 28 and sometimes i wonder about this answer section...like is it the main attraction for teens to hang or what?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• At the risk of offending, I wonder the same. What perplexes me is the apparent lack of moral judgement. How many posts can there be concerning the father of children to mom's who never married and custody issues and these women are 23 with 4 kids! It just makes me wonder where these girls parents where when the teaching of morals an values needed to be taught. I know this is one of those things that gets people's dander up, but when the children of these women become of age, do they really want them to be posting the same stuff on another site just like this one?
    Anonymous

• If you're too old, what does that make me? I'm 42!! LOL

I know what you're saying though...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• Heh. I'm 46.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• im 100 percent with you and the other poster about the unwed ones with 4 kids ;)
    Im only 23 in april and its sad i feel the same way and it makes it harder to make friends in the real world when the moms i relate with are older and dont want to hang around someone my age. I normally stick with only a few groups here because of the immaturity
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 8:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• i dont judge someone on being married or not. i am UNWED and I have one daughter, and two step children. my SO was married to their mother. it was a horrible marriage and they got married for all the wrong reasons. i dont believe that it is moral to marry someone because they are the father or mother of your children. you need to do what is best for your children. right now to my children it doesnt matter if we are married or not - except that maybe we can both get more back on our taxes so we are more able to support them unmarried. However, we will get married eventually but I am not rushing him. I know he is scared because of his first marriage and there is no reason to force him into something when we have a perfectly healthy and wonderful relationship. I do not like people making moral judgements on me and my choices. I am a good mother and step mother. Also, I am 25.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2009